Friday 10 May 2013

A Texas Mother Remembers How Doctors Struggled to Save Her Premature Twin Daughters


With the media full of the horror of Kermit Gosnell’s Philadelphia abortion mill, we might forget how hard parents fight to make sure that their children survive. This is one mother’s story.
My story begins in mid-December 2001. I was newly married, healthy, excited and shocked to be carrying twins! All had been going along in the pregnancy just fine until one Saturday morning.
I noticed something was not quite right so I called my doctor, hoping he would say, "Don't worry. Everything will be just fine.” I had just been at his office the day before for a routine check-up. He told me that from this point forward, even though I was only 26 weeks along in my pregnancy, to call if I sensed anything out of the ordinary. That’s called precaution, not paranoia, he told me.
When I described what I felt and saw, he told me to hang up the phone and immediately go to the hospital. He would meet me there.
At this point my husband Jason and I were still not concerned, but we obediently went to the hospital, naively thinking that I would just be placed under some monitoring and that we could carry on with our Christmas shopping.
The nurses immediately checked me and found that I was in labor! I was already dilated to seven centimetres! The contractions had been so small that I did not even feel them. They tried to stop the labor process by elevating my feet and so on. Nothing worked. The twins were on their way.
Fifteen minutes after we arrived, the doctor came. I was now dilated to ten centimetres. At this point, he whispered in my ear, "If you are a woman of faith, pray! You are having these babies right now." I started to cry. My husband was in shock.

Read more at Mercator.Net.

No comments:

Post a Comment